CareersAt Island Escapes we are passionate about Tourism on the Isle of Man. We are a young company with big ideas and are excited to hear from like minded people interested in joining our team.
Guest Services Assistant (Seasonal)
Fixed Term Contract: April - October 2020
25-30 hours per week
Providing an excellent guest experience is a key objective of Island Escapes. The Guest Services assistant will be responsible for managing guest relations from the point of booking right through to the guest arriving and then departing following their holiday.
There will also be an element of the role assisting with property management tasks and liaising with our homeowners.
Based from our new office in Port Erin the role is a 30 hour per week fixed term contract commencing in April 2020 and expected to end in October 2020. Flexible working options are available, however during our busy summer periods there will be a requirement to work to an agreed rota including most Saturdays. This is not purely an office based position as the role will involve travelling round the island visiting our properties at times, so a full driving licence is essential.
An out of hours on call services is provided to our guests, and the role will involve taking a share of the on call phone 2 evenings per week and at least one weekend per month on an agreed basis, for which an allowance is payable. Most calls received can be handled without visiting a property, but as part of this there may be a requirement to visit the guest to assist them.
Island Escapes is a technology driven business so applicants would be expected to have strong IT skills.
Whilst this is a fixed term contract, we are a growing company and this role may lead to further career opportunities.
· Monitoring incoming bookings that are received into our booking system from various online channels.
· Ensuring all bookings received are synchronising correctly and guest communications are processed in a timely manner.
· Answering guest and homeowner enquiries received by phone or email including taking bookings over the phone.
· Handling and chasing up payments and reconciling accounts.
· Assisting guests with any help they may require at the property they are staying at.
· Communicating with our housekeeping team to ensure all properties are clean and ready for incoming guests.
· Conducting spot checks on properties as required.
· Assisting guests or potential customers who visit the office with any face to face enquiries.
· Handle any complaints received in a professional manner, resolving them appropriately.
· Handle queries from Homeowners as required.
· Be an ambassador for the Isle of Man and share local knowledge, ideas and suggestions for those on holiday!
· Proficient in MS Office (particularly Excel)
· Excellent phone manner
· Ability to perform well under pressure
· Excellent attention to detail
· Driven attitude and excellent work ethic!
· Desire for personal development.
· Full driving licence
· Enthusiasm and local knowledge for the Isle of Man and its various tourist attractions
· Experience of Customer Relationship Management systems
· Accounting or book-keeping experience.
· Previous Commercial Customer Service experience
· Competitive salary
· Competitive holiday allowance including all Manx Bank holidays in the period.
· Discounted rates at Island Escapes properties
· Flexible working arrangements considered
· Manx National Heritage pass providing free access to all sites.
To apply please send your CV with reference details to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Monday 24th February 2020.
Our housekeeping business Island Cottage Care is currently recruiting to strengthen its team ahead of the coming season.
This is part time work, ideal for those looking to top up their income or existing self-employed cleaners looking for additional hours.