CareersAt Island Escapes we are passionate about tourism on the Isle of Man. We are a developing company with big ideas and are excited to hear from like minded people interested in joining our team.
Trainee Maintenance Technician
About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team supporting our Maintenance Manager with the maintenance of our property portfolio which includes 100 holiday homes located all round the Isle of Man.
Responding quickly to problems identified by our team, guests and homeowners and finding appropriate solutions to these problems in a timely manner.
This is an ideal role for somebody looking to start their career in a property management position.
Working 5 days a week on a flexible basis which will include most Saturdays during the summer months.
Regular Key Tasks
● Carry out all planned maintenance work to the highest standards possible
● Use the systems available to record notes and images on works completed
● Take a proactive approach to maintaining high standards in properties by identifying improvement opportunities during property visits and checks.
● Aim to resolve guest call outs over the phone wherever possible to provide guests with the fastest resolution possible
● Support the management of stock levels of all maintenance consumables and stock items such as light bulbs and fixings to ensure regular demand can be met
● Work with local skilled tradespeople and project manage certain tasks where external tradespeople are required.
● Develop positive long term relationships with local tradespeople and colleagues to ensure uninterrupted service delivery
● Ensure that jobs (work orders) are raised for all works carried out so that homeowners are charged at the agreed price for all billable works
● Be the holder of the business on call phone up to 2 evenings per week and 1 full weekends per calendar month on an agreed rota basis.
● Support the delivery of essential housekeeping services should the need arise
● Willing to undertake training to support expansion of in house services
Skills and Qualifications
§ Previous construction / trade experience preferable, or college experience.
§ 5 GCSE's grades A-C ideal.
§ Good IT skills - able to use a mobile app and other communication tools.
§ Excellent attention to detail.
§ Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
§ Strong problem solving skills and the ability to deploy them in an unflappable manner.
§ A full driving license.
§ Driven attitude and strong work ethic.
§ A genuine enthusiasm for the Isle of Man and all it has to offer.
§ Competitive training salary with incremental increases on succesful progression.
§ Company vehicle provided for all work tasks
§ Free access to Manx National Heritage Sites;
§ Discounted holiday accommodation; and
§ Accrual of lieu hours and some degree of flexible working.
To apply please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Charlotte Miller, HR & Office Manager by email: email@example.com by 5th April 2023.
Or call James our Maintenance Manager to find out more about the role on 07624 318408
Ahead of our busy season we are looking to recruit a number of part time housekeepers to take responsibility for a property or two in their local area. The role will involve cleaning and preparing a property for incoming guests and full training will be provided.
Rate of pay £14 per hour plus mileage allowance.
A full driving licence is required for this position. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply.